VA Medical Center and Vet Centers
Contact the Philadelphia VA Medical Center or Vet Centers for support during your return to school. Vet Centers provide readjustment counseling and outreach services at no cost to all US veterans who served in any combat zone. The VA health care system includes facilities located across the country.
Philadelphia VA Medical Center � Mental Health
3900 Woodland Avenue
Philadelphia , PA 19104
215-823-5800 | 1-800-949-1001
801 Arch Street, Suite 502
Philadelphia , PA 19107
215-627-0238 | 1- 877-927-8387
101 E. Olney Avenue, Suite C-7
Philadelphia , PA 19120
215-924-4670 | 1- 877-927-8387
Guide to VA Mental Health Services for Veterans & Families [PDF] “It Takes the Strength and Courage of a Warrior to Ask For Help.”
Dept of Veteran Affairs
VA provides free educational and vocational counseling services to transitioning service members who are:
- Within six months prior to discharge from active duty
- Within one year following discharge from active duty
- Current beneficiaries or veterans and qualified dependents who are eligible for and have entitlement to educational assistance
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, the services include:
- Counseling to facilitate career decision-making for civilian or military occupations
- Educational and vocational counseling to choose an appropriate civilian occupation and develop a training program
- Academic and adjustment counseling to resolve barriers that impede success in training or employment
VetSuccess.gov is a comprehensive one-stop site for Veteran and Service-member employment needs. Veterans can browse job listings, post resumes, and apply for positions directly on the site. Employers can post jobs, view Veteran resumes, and receive job applications.
The only non-profit agency in the Philadelphia and surrounding areas that provides a comprehensive resource center available to all Veterans in need.
213-217 N. 4th St.
Philadelphia , PA 19106
Greater Philadelphia Veterans Network (GPVN)
GPVN aims to: 1) Ensure veterans have career services programs and mentors available to help accelerate their job search. 2) Offer Veteran Entrepreneurship programs. 3) Generate job leads by net-working with business leaders in the Greater Philadelphia area who are looking to hire veterans.