CAPS is now open at 3624 Market Street. All of Wellness services remain fully operational and in alignment with CDC public health guidelines, continue to incorporate more telehealth for ultimate student choice and convenience. In-office hours will be 9:30 am -1:30 pm.
The most up to date information on University operations and guidance can be found here: https://fall-2020-planning.upenn.edu/
To continue to keep yourself healthy and well, follow these tips:
1. Wear a facial covering at all times when you leave your residence.
2. Please remember to maintain (6 feet) physical distance from others whenever possible.
3. Stay home if you are feeling unwell. If you are not feeling better after 24 hours, seek medical guidance.
4. Use good hand hygiene: Wash hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
5. Limit the spread of germs and illness: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve or elbow. Avoid sharing food, drinks, utensils, cups, vapes/JUULs, etc.
6. Seek support: If you are experiencing emotional distress due to health concerns seek remote support from campus resources such as CAPS and from your loved ones.
Please visit the Campus Health Disease Updates page for more details on coronaviruses.
Message to Our Community
We recognize that our current and incoming international students are having concerns about the future in response to the pandemic and the series of U.S. immigration policies. We want you to know that we, like the rest of the Penn community, are here to support you as you navigate this difficult and uncertain time. We encourage you to continue to lean on your social and academic support both at Penn and at home.
We are grateful for your presence, engagement, and contribution. You are an invaluable part of our community.
Your mental health and COVID-19
Aetna is waiving copays for Telehealth services until June 4th, thus allowing students to connect with network providers without additional charge. Please use the following link to access details of your Aetna coverage: https://shs.wellness.upenn.edu/psipinsurance/. For additional helpful resources to guide you during this unpredictable time, see our COVID-19 page.
Let’s Talk is now virtual
We continue to be available during the same hours, with the exception of evening hours on Tuesday and Thursday. If you would like to connect with a Let’s Talk counselor, call 215-898-7021, press option 2, and let our front desk representative know that you would like to connect with the Let’s Talk counselor. They will ask you for your name, email, phone number and location in order to connect you to our counselor. You may indicate a preference for phone or videoconferencing.
Remember: Someone is always available, 24/7
Wherever you are, simply dial 215-898-7021 and press 1 to talk to a clinician 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Remember to have your PennID number ready in order to make an appointment.
The CAPS staff is mourning the loss of Dr. Gregory Eells, our Executive Director. Greg’s leadership and compassion for others has made a lasting impact on us all, across the Penn community and at counseling centers around the country. He was loved and respected by us and so many others who knew him. We come together in knowing that he is missed and that his life and contribution is meaningful.
Continue to seek us out if you need mental health care, lean on each other, and reach out to members of our Penn community if you need help. As we are here for each other, we are here for you.
MONDAY | FRIDAY 9:00AM – 4:30PM
Please bring your PennCard to show to the building guard on your way to our suite.